Minimum Surface Casing Requirements
Minimum surface casing requirements for protecting fresh and usable water and to meet alternate #1 on Intent to Drill cards, Form C-1
S=Section, T=Township, R=Range
Set a minimum of 300 feet except when within 2 miles of the nearest valley wall of the Republican, Smoky Hill or Kansas River, then set pipe to the following:
- T.10S-R.4 and 5E set to 1040 feet mean sea level;
- T.11S-R.5E set to 1000 feet m.s.l.
- T.12S-R.5 and 6E set to 980 feet m.s.l.
- T.11S-R.6E set to 960 feet m.s.l.
- T.11S-R.7E set to 950 feet m.s.l.
In all cases, set through all unconsolidated material plus 20 feet into the underlying formation.
For areas in which casing settings are given as sea level datums, topographic maps are available showing surface elevations. These maps may be obtained from the U.S. Geological Survey at Denver, Colorado; Rolla, Missouri and Washington, D.C.; and the State Geological Survey, Lawrence, Kansas.