- KUSF support is distributed back to the local telephone companies and designated eligible telecommunication carriers to offset the costs of providing service.
The KUSF also supports the following:
- Lifeline - assistance to the disadvantaged (matched by federal universal funds)
- Kansas Relay Services, Inc. - hearing impaired relay center service
- Telecommunications Access Program - to provide terminal equipment for disabled individuals
- Support network enhancements and upgrades in rural areas
Other Important Facts
- The Fund Administrator is GVNW Consulting, Inc. which was selected by a competitive bid process.
- The Kansas Corporation Commission is currently in the process of auditing local telephone companies to determine if the amount of the fund should be lowered or raised.
KUSF Instructions and Worksheets, effective November 1, 2008, can be found on GVNW's website.