If You Have a Motor Carrier Question or Complaint
The Kansas Corporation Commission (KCC) wants to help you with the question or complaint to correct the problem.
First, before you contact the KCC to file a complaint, go online and search the motor carrier database to verify operating authority status and the safer link for safety status:
Then, if you can not find the company you're searching for or if you are not satisfied with the information received, please contact the KCC.
- If you have a specific question or concern regarding your KCC Operating Authority or wish to file a complaint against another person or company with no operating authority;
- If you have a specific question or concern regarding your Safety Compliance Program or wish to file a complaint against another person or company for safety violations, the KCC can help;
- The KCC has jurisdiction over all Private and For-Hire motor carriers;
- To file a complaint follow the instructions below.
To contact the KCC:
- Phone number: 785.271.3145 select option one
- Fax number: 785.271.3124
- Address: 1500 SW Arrowhead Rd, Topeka, KS 66604-4027
Filing a complaint with the KCC:
- You must file a written complaint in order to start the complaint process;
- You will be required to disclose who you are and provide contact information;
- The complaint must be timely, factual and provide specific details such as:
- Company name
- Complaint details
- Trip start point and end point
- Supporting documentation such as receipts, manifest, load tickets, time records or pay records;